Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Largest VPS Forum

Forgot password?
 Free Register
View: 263|Reply: 7

namecheap.com - service termination beca utilize of a Russian consequently u

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-3-1 23:15 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi all,

Just received the following email from namecheap.com:

Russia service termination

-----------------------------

Dear ***,

Unfortunately, due to the Russian regime's war crimes and human rights violations in Ukraine, we will no longer be providing services to users registered in Russia. While we sympathize that this war may not affect your own views or opinion on the matter, the fact is, your authoritarian government is committing human rights abuses and engaging in war crimes so this is a policy decision we have made and will stand by.

If you hold any peak-level domains with us, we ask that you transfer them to another provider by March 6, 2022.

------------------------------

I am from Lithuania and have a Russian sounding first name. Never accessed accessed account from Russia (because I've never been there), apparently have no Russian billing info etc. Any ideas on what to do? I have close to 50 domains registered with them.

Could someone from Namecheap clarify this policy? It's apparently not right to target people because of their names, perhaps this is a mistake?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-3-1 23:27 | Show all posts
And so it starts...

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 2022-3-1 23:33 | Show all posts
Oh my god.... Namecheap is on politics now? Human rights violations? Yeah right! How about those people in Russia being bullied/harassed?

Oh well, all about power and money. Innocent people are getting affected just like this.

@Literal , don't sweat, better move.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-3-1 23:44 | Show all posts
Originally Posted by Literal                                                                                                        Could someone from Namecheap clarify this policy? It's obviously not right to target people because of their names, perhaps this is a mistake?                                                Could be a mistake. Reach their support. Though canceling service to Russians is official. Because of their terrible mistakes.

Originally Posted by net                                                                                                        Oh my god.... Namecheap is on politics now?                                                Dude, are you insane? Don't you see what's happening? Europe hasn't seen a massacre like this for a while. War is not politics. Everybody is responsible for what is going on, because they (and we) did nothing to stop it. All Germans paid for damage their nation caused during WWII, Russians will have to pay as well. Actually we will all pay, because economy won't improve in a short, and mostly, in long run as well.

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 2022-3-1 23:55 | Show all posts
Originally Posted by mightynation                                                                                                        Could be a mistake. Reach their support. Though canceling service to Russians is official. Because of their terrible mistakes.

Dude, are you insane? Don't you see what's happening? Europe hasn't seen a massacre like this for a while. War is not politics. Everybody is responsible for what is going on, because they (and we) did nothing to stop it. All Germans paid for damage their nation caused during WWII, Russians will have to pay as well. Actually we will all pay, because economy won't improve in a short, and mostly, in long run as well.                                                Probably, you are insane for telling me that. I didn't call you insane so don't start there. I know what is happening. What news you are watching/reading? Those who are against Russia? Do you think Russia want this to happened? War started due to Geopolitics. I do not want to go deeper as this can turn into more debate especially those people who do not know nothing about it.

Of course, we are not happy, we will all be affected on this and it started now like what 2checkout implemented with the new restrictions with the said countries due to sanctions.

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-3-2 00:05 | Show all posts
Originally Posted by net                                                                                                        War started due to Geopolitics.                                                No. It's started because of ambitions of one man. And the apathy of a whole nation. Which actually was the same over the ages, except some really outstanding politics. This nation don't know what democracy is and never knew. They don't what what protests are and never knew (again, except those few thousand brave and intelligent individuals). I am saying all this by respecting Russian people, their language and culture. My neighbouring countries are Russia and Belarus (it's 40km away if any). I used to live in USSR and know what costs of fight for independence are. What happens now is a war crime. Calling this war geopolitics is ignorant and offensive toward lives of Ukrainians. They stand for the values (like freedom, if you heard such) of whole civilized world right now. So please.

Russia must change, they come too far. North Korea will be looking like the most free country of the world, comparing to Russia if they don't take steps. But I believe they will.

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 2022-3-2 00:12 | Show all posts
Originally Posted by mightynation                                                                                                        No. It's started because of ambitions of one man. And the apathy of a whole nation.                                                No, it is not because of Putin. If you are near Russia then you should know Russia better than I am and you should know that the nearest harbor access of Russia is Ukraine and because the Ukraine President is a comedian and just a puppet of you know who. What will you do if someone setup army base in your border? This is what Putin is trying to protect their country which is normal reaction for most countries.

Putin explained it here: http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/66181 but was blocked already by the internet/sanctions and this is because they do not want to see the world their side of story. If you want to be fair, you need to listen to their side of story too.

Some media even quoted his whole speech: https://www.facebook.com/ManilaStand...29101567100757 and I hope this will not be blocked soon.

I have nothing against people in Russia or Ukraine. I am sad in what happening right now especially for women and children. Putin even called Ukraine his comrade and we all know that plenty people in Ukraine are also Russian which are getting harassed too before even all the way since 2014. They actually one. If the Ukraine President is smart, this would never happened.

I understand if you do not accept this so all I can say especially since you are near in Russia is be safe.

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-3-2 00:18 | Show all posts
Please take your Russia/Ukraine arguments to the social issues forum. This is not helpful to the OP.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Free Register

Points Rules

Archiver|mobile|showdarkroom|World's Largest VPS Forum

2022-10-2 17:13 GMT-5 , Processed in 0.103594 second(s), 17 queries .